Quality presentation and intensive marketing offer the foundation for reaching potential buyers, and successful negotation ensures that your home is sold for the highest price possible. I will work for you every step of the way, from presentation to marketing and ultimately to negotiation. My combination of skill, experience, and use of technology contributes to my ultimate committment and goal to sell your home for the highest price and in the shortest period of time. I have the tools to meet the demands of a highly competitive, modern market.
Presentation - The 'wow factor'
When preparing to list a home, it is key that your home is presented in its best condition possible to get the highest possible price for it. Indeed, it is not uncommon to see a $30,000-$40,000 spread for comparable homes in immediate vicinity of one another, where the only thing differentiating the two homes is the appeal of the interior. Simply put, homes that aren't presented well can stagnate on the market, eventually leading to price drops and ultimately low offers. Homes that have the 'wow factor' sell faster and for more money. We only get one chance to make that first impression, so that first impression we present together must be the absolute best possible. How do we do this?
- Staging your home - Your home must be prepared in all ways, including fixing things that need to fixed and cleaning things that need to be cleaned. Your home should be decluttered and personal photographs should be removed. Our ideal of course is to set up your home to look like a perfectly designed show home ... beautiful spaces where others can imagine themselves living there. Some home owners naturally love to prepare and stage their houses while others prefer a helping hand. Either way, I'm happy to jump in and help. Included in my listing package is 6 hours of professional staging.
- Professional photography and/or videography - Your home should be photographed in the best light, from the best angles, and by the best photographers. The images uploaded on our marketing platforms must convey the 'wow factor' in all ways possible. Included in my listing package is professional photography and/or videography of your home.
- Professionally drafted floor plans and/or measurements - The spaces in your home should be measured professionally. In some cases professionally drafted floor plans are also advantagous. Included in my listing package is professional measurement and/or drafted floor plans of your home.
Marketing - Multiple platforms 24hrs a day
Is it enough to have your home uploaded onto MLS and then wait for an offer? MLS is a great first step and a necessary one, but I believe that there are multiple platforms for marketing that must be utililised simultanously to have as many potential buyers to see your listing as possible. The specifics of what combination of marketing tools to utilise can differ from listing to listing, depending on client preferences as well as the local opportunities, but may include any or all of the following:
- MLS - Your home will be uploaded in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database where other agents will gain immediately access your property information the moment your listing is activated. Agents will send out notifications to clients looking for homes in your area within hours of the listing, and your listing will garner immediate attention.
- My website - Your home will be featured on my websites (www.calgaryresidential.ca and/or www.okotoksresidential.ca). My online marketing system allows me to make information accessible 24 hours a day, and to respond immediately and directly to each an every prospective buyer. Through my Personal Home Search, your listing will be sent by email automatically to every prospective buyer in my database where your home meets their criteria. My website sees visitors through personal referrals, Facebook ads, print advertising, and my real estate blog.
- Realtor.ca - Information about your property will also be uploaded on Realtor.ca. This site is visited by people not yet working with real estate agents who are looking for general information or just starting out their search for a new property.
- Facebook ads - Facebook ad campaigns can be set to target certain population groups living within a specific region, and is a very powerful tool in real estate advertising. A photo of your home can be uploaded on Facebook as an ad, and as Facebook users who fall into our target population and region pan through their pages they will see that photo of your home. An enticing photo will garner interest and generate 'clicks' ... and when interested people click on the image they will be instantly taken to the specific details of your MLS listing. It's simple and powerful.
- Open houses - While not necessarily the most efficient means of advertising, this traditional method is still used today and for clients interested in this I'm happy to set up as required.
- Print advertising - Print advertising refers to signs, newspaper ads and brochures. Signage of course is an absolute must, and newspaper ads and brochures may also be helpful.
The key factor in marketing your home is finding the best combination of multiple advertising platforms to reach the maximum number of potential buyers. Each home is different and therefore each marketing campaign is built around the specifics of that home and neighbourhood, and is ultimately something that is charted out directly with clients at the time of listing.
I will help you negotiate for the best price possible when an offer is received for the purchase of your home. I will convey all information and components of the offer clearly, and fend for your interest from the first moment when an offer is received to the last moment when keys are delivered to the buyers. As my client, I will represent your interest from start to finish.
Pricing Your Home
When you think about it, there are several other homes for sale competing with your home. I will help you price your home competitively to attract qualified buyers. The way I do this is by generating a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) report, which will show you a range of prices being paid for homes in your area. You can complete my online form to get a feel for your home's market value.